On the occasion of its 17th Inter-Govermental Meeting (GM) and Scientific Planning Group (SPG) Meeting, which is officially being hosted by the Ministry of Environment of Indonesia, at the Shangri La Hotel, Jakarta, Indonesia; the Asia-Pasific Network for Global Change Reserch (APN) will convena a “Networking & Poster Session: during this event, being held 12th to 16th March, 2002.
The Networking & Poster Session will be held on Wednesday 14th March and will provide up to 20 young scientists with an oppurtunity to display and present their research work to invited esteemed members of scientific and policy communities from withing and outside the Asia-Pasific region.
Poster will be judged by the APN’s goverment-appoitted national Focal poin of 22 member countries with assistance from their national SPG Member and the winning poster will have the opportunity to present a 20 minute PowerPoint presentation to the 17th IGM/SPG Meeting on Friday 16th March, 2012.
Scientist Eligibility Criteria
- Scientists must be young, early ceer researchers (under 40) currently working in Indonesia (research students and Post-Docs encouraged)
- Scientists must submit, in MS word format, a 300-word abstract, to Dr. Linda Anne Stevenson email@example.com with a carbon copy to Taniya Koswatta firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th February 2012, midnight, Japanese Standard Time (JST).
- Research much be original, and address issues of global enviromental change (refer to Abstract Submission below).
- Scientists must be available to present his/her poster in the afternoon Wednesday 14th March at the Shangri La Hotel, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Abstracts musc be in the English language and include a concise introduction describibing the purpose of the poster, as well as a brief description of the research subject, metodology, results and conclussion if propriate, resuults can be presented in tabular form. Abstracts may not include graphs, diagrams or photographs. Scientists are encouraged to seek assistance from their advisers and others in preparing their abstracts and posters.
- Abstrak must be receiving by Friday 19 th February 2012 midnight IST to be considered. Only electronic submissions in the correct format and sent to Dr. Linda Anne Stevenson at email@example.com with a carbon copy Taniya Koswata firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by a board of 3 members selected from ministry of Goverment Indonesia, the APN SPG Member for Indonesia and the APN. Main criteria will cover: i. Originality of research, ii. Conciseness of written abstract. iii. Clarity of methodology; iv. Organization of the information; and iv. Scientific merit.
- Successful Applicants will be informed by Friday, 24th February 2012
- Abstracts will be accepted in one of the following scientific areas under global enviromental change
- Climate Change and Variability
- Ecosystems, Biodiversity and Land-Usel
- Change in Atmospheric and Marine Domains
- Use of Resources and Pathways for Sustainable Development
Visit our Website to lear more abaut the APN: www.apn-gcr.org